The Carlilian Foundation makes grants for projects or programs that benefit the people of Schenectady County, NY. Our grant funds are invested in three areas of the community:
- Schenectady Rose Garden. Funds were earmarked in the estate of Charles W. Carl, Jr. specifically for maintenance and improvement of the Rose Garden in Schenectady's Central Park.
- Community Grants. The Foundation has an open Community Grants program for any non-profit that serves Schenectady County, NY. Funding is restricted for capital improvements or hard assets needed by organizations that enhance their ability to serve the community.
Green Spaces Initiative. New for 2018 is our initiative intended to support transformative projects in underserved areas that improve the urban environment, inclusive of but not limited to parks, green spaces, gardens, beautification and recreational opportunities in the City of Schenectady.
Submitting Your Application
The Carlilian Foundation has launched a new online grant application form. There are separate forms for Community Grants and for the Green Spaces Initiative.
All applicants will first need to set up an account on the grant site. Once your account is activated, you will be able to see the available grant applications.
If you have any questions regarding your grant application, please contact us at email@example.com.
2018 Submission Dates: Our grant process is rolling. The Trustees meet quarterly just following the grant application submission dates below.
Friday, May 18th, 2018
Friday, August 24th, 2018
Friday, November 16th, 2018
The Carlilian Foundation maintains the following guidelines for applications. Your proposal will not be eligible if:
- The request is for other than capital or hard asset needs (e.g. building construction or repair, equipment and supplies).
- The proposed project does not serve Schenectady County residents
- You have received a grant from the Carlilian Foundation within five years of the date of your proposal.
- You are not a qualified 501(c)(3)